This fragrant, Thai-inspired soup is quick and easy to make – perfect for those cold winter nights!
- Coconut oil for frying
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely chopped or minced
- 1-2 large kumara, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 600ml – 1 litre of stock
- Half a cup of coconut milk or cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 spoons of Raglan Coconut Yoghurt
Makes 2 servings.
Using a large saucepan, lightly brown the onion. Add the lemongrass, ginger, kumara and carrot, and cook for around five minutes until softened.
Add the coconut milk and stock, and simmer for around 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked right through.
Puree the soup with a stick-blender. Add salt and pepper to taste, and further stock or coconut milk to reach your desired consistency. Serve with a generous dollop of Raglan Coconut Yoghurt and some fresh coriander, chili or spring onion.
Share your creations!
Post your photos to our Facebook Page or use the hashtag #raglancoconutyoghurt on Instagram