Inspired by a Christmas ‘The Caker’ gift, these little lemon and plum beauties are a summery diversion from the not-so-summery weather!
- 1 1/4c Buckwheat Flour
- 1 1/4c Breadfruit Flour (I used Maiden South Pacific)
- 1 Lemon (rind and juice)
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 4 tbsp Rice syrup
- 4 tbsp Organic raw sugar
- 1c Raglan Coconut Yoghurt (natural)
- 1 Free range egg
- 1/2c Organic sunflower oil
- Sliced fresh plums
- Pinch of salt
- Raglan Coconut Yoghurt (natural or blackcurrant & vanilla)
- Lemon juice (from lemon above)
- Icing sugar
- Freeze-dried plums
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Measure out flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- Combine oil, egg, syrup, lemon and sugar in a separate bowl. Remember to save some lemon juice for the icing!
- Add RCY and wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Combine with a wooden spoon until only just mixed. The batter should be light, fluffy and airy.
- Divide mixture into 12 cupcake moulds or cases, smooth the tops with a wet spoon, then press in the sliced plums.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops start to brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to completely cool.
- Make the icing how you like it! I used a combination of RCY natural and blackcurrant, sweetened with a little icing sugar – you can add more or less depending on your taste. I then drizzled a second icing, made from icing sugar, freeze dried plum and lemon juice, and sprinkled more plum pieces to decorate.
Share your creations!
Post your photos to our Facebook Page or use the hashtag #raglancoconutyoghurt on Instagram