A beautifully creamy mushroom risotto. The fresh thyme, rosemary and parsley make this dish simply delicious, and the combination of local Prinz mushrooms with Angel Food Vegan Parmesan and Raglan Coconut Yoghurt is perfect. Hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
- 1c Aborio Rice
- 3-4c hot vegetable stock
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- Fresh parsley, thyme and rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 bag Prinz oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml Raglan Coconut Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3-4 large fresh spinach leaves, torn
- Handful of mixed pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Angel Food Vegan Parmesan
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- Roughly chop onion and fresh herbs. Dice garlic. Make up veggie stock.
- Sautee onions and garlic in a large frying pan with olive oil until soft.
- In a separate pan, dry fry the seeds until they start to pop. Place aside in a small bowl. (You’ll use the pan later)
- Add 3/4 of the mushrooms and the herbs to the pan.
- On a medium heat, add the aborio rice, stirring to coat.
- Add one cup of the stock and stir consistently. Mixture should be simmering, not boiling
- Continue to add stock as rice absorbs the liquid. Stir in nutritional yeast and spinach
- In the seed pan fry the remaining mushrooms in a little oil with 1/2- 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- When the rice is al dente, turn the heat to low and mix in coconut yoghurt, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the risotto in a warm bowl, topped with crispy paprika mushrooms, toasted seeds and vegan parmesan.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
Share your creations!
Post your photos to our Facebook Page or use the hashtag #raglancoconutyoghurt on Instagram