This roasted butternut squash soup is deliciously nourishing. The warmth of fresh ginger adds a lovely kick to the sweet base of coconut and squash.
- 1 litre of water
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp of tamari
- 1 tbsp of red curry paste
- 2 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- vege stock for 1 litre
- fresh herbs (coriander or parsley)
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 medium butternut squash
- ½ cup of long grain white rice
- 1 jar of Raglan Coconut Yoghurt (Natural 400ml)
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line a large tray with baking paper (or use a non-stick tray)
- Peel pumpkin and cut into even-sized chunks. Place on tray, drizzle over olive oil and toss around with your hands to coat. Roast pumpkin in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until super soft and starting to caramelise at the edges.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, heat a large pot over medium eat. Once hot, add oil, garlic and onion. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with 1 tablespoon of red curry paste
- Add water, vege stock, rice and bring to a low boil
- Add tamari and grated ginger and reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add 400ml of Raglan Coconut Yoghurt (Natural) and season with more salt and pepper if desired
- Once soup is done, either blend with an immersion blender or blend soup in batches in a regular blender
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and fresh herbs
Share your creations!
Post your photos to our Facebook Page or use the hashtag #raglancoconutyoghurt on Instagram