We love warm smoky flavours this time of year. Try out this chunky winter soup if it gets cold!
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1/2 choko, chopped
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground chilli
- 2-4 drops liquid smoke (I used Angel Food’s Hickory Smoke)
- 2c vegetable stock
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tomatos and a large handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 can organic lentils, drained and rinsed
- Spinach or similar greens, chopped
- 1c Raglan Coconut Yoghurt + a dash!
- Sautee onions in a large pot until brown. Add garlic and fry together.
- Add carrots, celery, choko and potato. Stir on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and veg stock.
- Add cumin, coriander, pepper & liquid smoke. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 8-10minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chilli, lentils, courgette, tomatoes and spinach. Stir well and continue to simmer until all vegetables are cooked and flavours are nicely melded.
- Stir in Raglan Coconut Yoghurt. Taste, adding more chilli and salt if desired.
- Add an extra splash of Coconut Yoghurt, a sprinkle of chilli and maybe a slice of sourdough to serve.
- Warm your bones and cosy in!
Share your creations!
Post your photos to our Facebook Page or use the hashtag #raglancoconutyoghurt on Instagram