- 2 cups yellow split peas or lentils
- 1/2 medium sized onion, diced
- 4 chopped tomatoes
- 1 stock cube
- Vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam marsala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chilli powder to taste
- 1/2 cup Raglan Coconut Yoghurt
3 ingredient Naan Bread:
- 250g Raglan Coconut Yoghurt
- 250g self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- To cook the split peas, place them in a saucepan with 4 cups of water and simmer for approximately 20-30 minutes. If desired, add some stock to the pan to give more flavor.
- In the meantime, place 2 teaspoons of oil, the diced onion and cumin seeds in a pan – fry till the onions are translucent. Add the tomatoes and combine well.
- Once the split peas are cooked (soft but not soggy), drain the water (leaving ~3cm at the bottom) and stir in turmeric, chilli, curry powder and garam marsala. Add the tomato and onion mix from the pan and stir well. Next, add the Greek Style Raglan Coconut Yoghurt and salt, stirring until evenly combined.
- Serve with garlic naan bread, coriander and more Greek Style Raglan Coconut Yoghurt mixed with a hint of chilli.
Naan Bread method:
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, mixing well to ensure no flour pockets are left. In a medium frying pan, heat 3 teaspoons of vegetable oil over a medium-high heat.
- Third or half the mixture depending on the desired size. Add to frying pan individually and press down with a spatula.
- Flavour your naan with garlic salt, cumin seeds or herbs if desired – just add these ingredients into the mixing bowl or on top when frying.
Share your creations!
Big thanks to Maddie Mason from The Love Club for this recipe. Post your photos to our Facebook Page or use the hashtag #raglancoconutyoghurt on Instagram