Life is too short not to eat cake! Indulge in this delicious vegan take on sponge cake.
- 150g dairy-free spread (melted), plus extra for the cake tins
- 1 cup of dairy-free milk (we used almond milk!)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- For the middle layer: 1 cup of Raglan Coconut Yoghurt (we used Boysenberry however feel free to use whatever your favourite flavour is!)
- To serve: sprinkle of icing sugar.
- Heat oven to 180C. Line the bases of 2 medium, round cake tins with baking paper. Grease with a little of the dairy-free spread.
- In a large bowl add milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for a couple of minutes, you will notice clumps appear.
- Add in all other ingredients except yoghurt and icing sugar, beat together until mixture is smooth.
- Separate mixture into half and pour each half into each cake tin. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until you can enter and remove a fork without any remaining batter sticking to it.
- While you wait for the cakes completely cool, use an electric beater to whip yoghurt, set aside in the fridge.
- Flip first cake upside on plate and spread yoghurt evenly over the top of the cake, before placing the other cake on top. Sprinkle icing sugar over the top of the cake and it is ready to serve! Enjoy!
Share your creations!
Post your photos to our Facebook Page or use the hashtag #raglancoconutyoghurt on Instagram